Monday, April 30, 2012

14. DP Reel and Artist Statement



I am very focused on relaying simple stories about people. I find documentaries to be very awarding to create due to the ability to relay a story from one individual or group to many other people. I find it fascinating that I can tell the story of a person or place through a camera, and the story can continue to exist for viewers to see. I enjoy filming people and places that are considered to be out of the ordinary. I also enjoy exploring the past in what I film. Many things change over time and through the use of moving pictures things can be remembered for a very long time.


The effects of time on images are tremendous. Something that can be seen as not being good at the time of creation can be sought after once time has past and the image is seen as a remnant of the past. I enjoy creating these images for people to see and possibly remember years from now. I also value the audio that is recorded when filming. Audio is very important to allow the audience to connect fully with the pictures that the filmmaker is providing to them. Without good audio, the images may be forgotten and not fully enjoyed by the audience because of the distractions from bad audio.

Simply put, my style is focused on showing the audience beautiful images that stir their senses and causes them to think. My overall goal in film-making is to connect to the audience and allow them to enjoy what I have helped create for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment